The first time I held a Shaman Staff, it felt like holding an antenna between the three worlds, connecting upper-middle-under worlds through my body.
Instead of using the drum, the staff works as well to make a trance-journey between the worlds.
The form of the staff is partly a matter of personal taste and insight, partly inspired by others from the three worlds
Insights/inspirations so far, stated in symbolic sayings:
- Letting go of my ingrained patterns of behavior, feelings, thoughts.
- Connecting my main Staff with the minor staves.
- Keeping my channels of communication clean.
- Engraving a spiraling pattern along the Staff lenghtwise
- Crowning the Staff with an Eagle.
- Using a Wolfs Head as an helmet.
Read also: Shamanic Drumming: The Shaman’s Staff
One thought on “Musing on The Shaman’s Staff”